Time to have fun with numbers and make everyone feel really old. This post won’t entirely be related to time alone though, so for those of you having a midlife crisis, relax and read on 🙂
- One million seconds is 11.57 days.
- One billion seconds is 31.69 years.
- One trillion seconds is 31,688.8 years.
- One quadrillion seconds is older than humanity.
- One quintillion seconds is older than The Universe.
DISTANCE – Speed constant at 100 kilometres an hour
- It would take you 3,884 hours to drive to the Moon
- It would take you 1,148,000,000 hours to drive to Mars
- It would take you 47,630,000,000 hours to drive to Pluto
- It would take you 3.988,000,000,000 hours to drive to Proxima Centauri
- It would take you 58,550,000,000,000 hours to drive to Kepler-22b
STRENGTH – Numbers are rounded appropriately
Assume a hockey rink of infinite distance, constant at 50% relative humidity and 21 degrees Celsius
- The fastest “Slap Shot” in NHL Hockey is clocked in at 175.1 km/h
- That puck can travel a maximum distance of 805 metres before coming to a complete stop, on ice.
- That puck would take 91 days to reach the Moon.
- It would cause an impact crater only 1500 centimetres across and only 5 centimetres deep upon impact
- Bonus Fact #1 Due to radiation hitting the moon and no atmosphere, the puck would turn white after roughly 2 years, if not covered by Moon dust
- Bonus Fact #2 The puck would not decompose or disintegrate; ever